Performing Arts Company
The Performing Arts Company (PAC) at Sterling Silver Studio is comprised of students who are interested in competitive opportunities and additional performance opportunities.
Read this article on our PAC teams’ successes at the national America’s Youth on Parade competition on the Superior Telegram‘s website.
Contact us if you are interested in auditioning for our Performing Arts Company (PAC) Teams.
PAC Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between PAC teams and recreational teams?
A: Students who are involved in the Performing Arts Company attend local and regional dance and/or twirling competitions throughout the year and they have additional local performance opportunities.
Q: What types of PAC teams are available?
A: Sterling Silver offers PAC teams in Dance Twirl, Show Twirl, AcroDance, Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical and Hip Hop.
Q: How old do you have to be to join a PAC team?
A: Sterling Silver has Performing Arts Company teams for ages 5 through adult.
Q: Do you have to be “advanced” to join a PAC team?
A: Students do need some experience in the style of the Performing Arts Company team that they want to participate in. Students do not necessarily need to be “advanced” in any one particular style, as we offer PAC teams for all levels. It is our philosophy that dancers and twirlers will learn and develop their skills while on PAC teams. As the student continues to perform and participate in classes, their experience, training, and skills will also increasingly develop. If students apply themselves, practice and have a love of their art; this will eventually bring them to an advanced level.
Q: How do I know if my child is ready for the Performing Arts Company?
A: If your child can’t wait to get to the studio each week, loves coming to class, is enthusiastic about practicing, enjoys performing and wants to “step it up a notch” then your child is ready for the performing arts company.
Q: How does a student go about joining the PAC?
A: Auditions for the PAC are held prior to September each year. Each student auditions for at least two PAC teams per season in order to properly progress as a performer. PAC classes start in September and run through June or July of the following year, depending on the style of PAC team that you are on.
Q: What should I do to help my child prepare for the next audition?
A: Students should participate in Level Classes and Level Testing in the summer months in either dance or twirling. Level Testing is required in order to track a child’s progression and in order to place them on a team with other students that are studying at the same level. During the school year, students should participate in technique classes that will help build their skills.
Q: What types of expenses are involved with PAC teams?
A: Parents should budget for tuition, costumes, contest entry fees, workshops & audition/team fees. These fees are outlined below.
- Monthly Tuition is the same for PAC teams and Recreational teams at Sterling Silver Studio. The amount of your monthly tuition is based on how many classes you take per month and the length of your classes. Please see the current tuition schedule to determine your projected monthly tuition.
- Costumes are ordered in October each year. We suggest that parents budget $100 per PAC team that your child is on for costumes. Advanced Junior and Senior twirlers should budget more.
- In addition to costumes, performers will need some type of hairpiece or hair accessory. Parents should budget $10 to $25 for hair pieces. If you are on multiple teams, oftentimes hairpieces will be the same for all teams.
- Jewelry / Earring are required. Parents should budget $10. If you are on multiple teams, oftentimes the jewelry will be the same for all teams each season. Jewelry can be purchased any time throughout the year.
- Tights are required. Parents should budget $15 per pair of tights. Tights can be purchased any time throughout the year.
- Shoes: Cost of shoes will be determined by the style of shoe. Shoes are purchased at the beginning of the season.
- Make-up: Female PAC team members are required to have a company makeup kit. Kits run about $70 and the same make-up kits are used year after year. If you do not already have a make-up kit, you should plan on purchasing this kit by January.
- Contest entry fees are the amount of money that each dance or twirling competition charges per team member for you/your child to participate in their event. On average Twirling Competitions charge $15 per team member (All of our teams attend Twirling Competitions, except Tap Teams). Dance Competitions charge on average $45 per team member. Contest entry fees are applied to your account at various times throughout the season to separate the payments for you.
- Workshop Fees: Sterling Silver Studio offers several workshop opportunities and open studio opportunities for PAC students. There may be a small fee for each student if we bring in guest teachers for higher-level teams. Dancers and twirlers may also have an opportunity to work one-on-one with the guest teacher to work on their skills/solos/duos.
- Audition/Team Fees: A one-time fee of $35 per team is charged when a student auditions for the Performing Arts Company. The $35 is applied directly to the team and is used to purchase Batons, Poms, Props, and any necessary equipment that your child/team needs for the year. There is no need for individuals to purchase batons or any other performance accessory, as all of the equipment is provided for you. This saves families several hundred dollars in the long run.